Sunday, August 16, 2015

Last Act Of A Ministry

In my last major act of urban ministry on Cape Town's Atlantic coast, in my twentieth year, I called a Church Meeting. This is the highest executive in a Congregational Church. Here, then, is what happened -- or was scheduled to happen:
27 May 2013: I called a Church Meeting.
2 June 2013: The Meeting was publicly announced.
6 June 2013: An announcement by mail was scheduled for this day.
9 June 2013: A second public announcement was scheduled for this day.
16 June 2013: The Church Meeting was to have taken place on this day.
5 June 2013: But on this day, I was summoned to a board room, and presented with severe (criminal) threats. The major demand was that I should not enter the pulpit on 9 June or 16 June. The process was stopped on this day.

No comments: