Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Matchless Videos

I watched three videos this evening of one my metal detector designs. Together these have more than 50 000 views. Called the Matchless Metal Locator, it was revolutionary in a way: it vastly simplified the Induction Balance (IB) principle by stripping out analogue electronics. Nick F does the best job of a review. Makerj101 comments: "It does work pretty good ... much better than the couple of transistor ones I've tried," however Makerj101 is seen to struggle with adjustment. Being an IB design, the placement of the coils is critical. OBSERVATION: If the Matchless Metal Locator doesn't pick up a Victorian penny at 150mm, it's not adjusted as best it could be. In fact I have always reduced the promise of my designs 10% for publishing, so one should actually achieve 165mm for a Victorian penny. I have some suggestions for improvements at Matchless Metal Locator.

No comments: