Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Thief Thwarted

I received a call this morning: my alarm had gone off in the country. And it is ear-splitting. At about 4:00 am there had been, not a break-in, but an attempt to kill the alarm -- which failed. In fact the alarm is specially designed (by me) to thwart sabotage. It is so designed, too, that nobody, not even I, can stop it without an agonising delay. Even so, this morning's attempt gave me some good ideas for improvement. I drove into the country this morning to check everything out. It checked out fine, except for an obvious attempt on the life of my alarm.The photo shows my plot earlier today. OBSERVATION: One thing about own-design alarm systems: if the designer is reasonably bright, such alarms can have would-be thieves flummoxed. It's not as simple as: "Hmm, the label says Chubb."

No comments: