Thursday, June 30, 2016

A Final Prayer

A young woman in our congregation (pictured) died of cancer. A few days before she died, she wrote the following prayer. I think it is worth putting up here: “To My Lord and Father. You have shown me how to give less importance to my plans and more importance to Your plan. Your grace has transformed me. I experience a calmness of spirit and Divine Peace, despite my struggle. Thank You for Your Grace and Peace, Faith and Love, which has sustained me 'til now. We all face death all day long. Death is not the end but a life hereafter. Kindly give my friends, colleagues and family the strength to cope and celebrate my reunion with You. AMEN.” OBSERVATION: Having been deeply involved behind the scenes, it is important to note I think (for the sake of others in such a situation) that such serenity was not always present, but that this is where, in Gods goodness, she came to rest. In fact the whole family was blessed through such an end. See also Ending on Thanks.

No comments: