Saturday, December 3, 2016

Extraordinary E-Mail

Here's an attempt of mine last week (see the previous post) to communicate with the minister who succeeded me in the city – you may click on the image to enlarge. A colleague called it “extraordinary”, and so it is. I had just listened to him preach a sermon on Christian unity, the previous hour. “You have to be connected,” he said. I decided to connect, over coffee I thought. OBSERVATION: With regard to the third of the messages shown, I felt obliged to convey to the Church the need for a review of its finances. It was no less than a regulator who advised this, shortly before the Church auditor was handed over to the Commercial Crimes Unit in October. I was keen to be rid of this message, but I couldn't -- and can't -- find anyone who would receive it. I wouldn't want to have to answer to anyone why (potentially) I stood in the way of a review.

NOTE: The "Extraordinary E-Mail" has been extraordinarily popular. An aspect I didn't mention is that the Church Constitution requires that anything "for the Church" goes "to the minister".

No comments: