Monday, January 23, 2017

New Revision

Towards the end of last year, I had a complete metaphysic in hand (a second edition), of more than 50 000 words -- which is to say, a total philosophy. I paused my work for a few months then, to give careful consideration to my style. Although my metaphysic was written in the style of a 'popular philosophy', I have been persuaded that it is not popular enough. After exploring the world for a style that would suit, it seems to me that I have come back to my own front door: I already have decades of experience in simplifying complex things for multi-cultural congregations. I already have a mature style. Today I embarked on a new, major revision.

NOTE: I see today that the first edition of my metaphysic has migrated to Metaphysical Notes (a bit awkward to access at the moment). The second edition has advanced far beyond this, though.

No comments: