Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Finance: A Hall Of Mirrors

During my final year of city ministry, the finance officers would not present the annual audit to the Church as constitutionally required, and this caused high tension. Instead they called a Diaconate meeting, and presented it there. But they left me out. Actually they left the Diaconate out, too. The Diaconate thought that they had met for the real thing, the final audit, which was signed in their presence. But this was not so. There was another signing a few days later, which only the auditor and the finance officers saw. An unknown someone slipped me the proof of this (pictured right) while I wasn’t paying attention one day. I only discovered it later in my papers. I have smudged the closer details. OBSERVATION: There is a wider lesson here. If people will act in one way towards "me", they will act in the same way towards "you". The auditor was later found to be a fraud. You may click on the image to enlarge.

No comments: