Sunday, October 22, 2017

Domestic Accidents

Something that made a great impression on me as a boy was a nun, in the mission, who had lost her tongue because her brother had bumped her while she was licking a knife (it's not for nothing parents caution their children about that)! Recently wife E and I had a young woman over for lunch. I told her the story, which I had not told in years. She went awfully quiet. She had been shooting porcupine quills, she said, and hit her brother in the eye. He lost the sight in his eye. OBSERVATION: Another parental warning is: tie your shoelaces. I almost came to grief when I jumped in my diesel three-wheeler and slammed the door on a shoelace. I couldn't operate the brake.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My wifes shoelace sling entwined the pedal of her e-bike, so that she could not put the foot on the ground, when she stoped at a trafic light and wanted to stabilize the bike with that foot!