Thursday, December 14, 2017

What Happens Next?

I didn't expect my post Police Stop Raid-Reports to become as (very) popular as it did. Here follow some simple observations, derived from the facts which I listed there. Some basic facts again: the police (according to the Cluster) set me up, then I made demands for the files, and there followed a number of (fresh) search and seize raids on my property at the turn of 2005 / 2006. Colonel Scanlen of Cape Town Central stopped me from reporting these raids -- yet I succeeded (just) in reporting them in Caledon. An additional fact now: there was an arrest. Now consider "What Happens Next?" I shall explain the audio shortly:
• The arrestee is convicted and sentenced to jail. But in that case, there is then proof that a police Colonel was defeating the ends of justice (if there isn't proof already).
• The arrestee is declared innocent and absolved. But then the police may be charged with wrongful arrest -- not to speak of the possible demand for redress.
• Any basis for a case is removed -- say, by destroying the evidence. This already happened, on 8 September 2016. But I was in a position to replace the evidence.
• The complainant (me) is offered a bribe. This already happened, some time after the arrest was made. This was a recorded call from my would-be benefactor.
• Try to make it all vanish. This already happened, on 8 September 2016. The prosecutor approached me with a secret deal. I said no, no secrets. At this point he lost his decorum, replying "What?" (click ⊳ to Play -- apologies for the noise).
• Or string it out, and string it out, and out, so that one doesn't finally have to face the situation. So far, this case has been strung out for (almost) two years.
OBSERVATION: There are one or two scenarios besides -- but enough for one post. Personally, I believe that the accused may have taken advantage of the search and seize raids, since locks and bolts had been removed -- or he may have acted separately. I do not think that he was fully involved. Anyway -- again -- apart from the trauma of the raids (not only felt by me), such a situation creates potentially dangerous dynamics, costs a small fortune for the state -- and then, for me it is always a worry that, while I have evidence through the help of expensive equipment, what happens to the defenceless?

No comments: