Saturday, March 10, 2018

An Important Component Of Success

How long is the average ministry? According to one set of (US) statistics, never mind that. After five years, most ministers are gone altogether. How then did I (and many more) sustain long ministries? There are various factors, but today an important one: I had a warm and routine relationship with other ministers and Churches. This meant a few things. I found that my own ministry was set in a broader context. My colleagues had experience where I did not, and vice versa. I learnt what did and didn't work for others. I learnt faith stories. I learnt from ministers' attitudes towards their challenges. There was encouragement and prayer. There were ideas. And there was much more. OBSERVATION: It seems that ministers last longer in South Africa than in the US, but statistics are hard to come by.

No comments: