Sunday, March 4, 2018

Authoritative Blog

I took a look yesterday at a few blog statistics -- this blog. Some of the more important ones ... the domain authority (this whole domain) stands at 49.14, according to Small SEO Tools. 50+ is generally regarded as above good and "excellent". During the last three months, my blog gathered 1.3 million external back-links (links from other websites pointing towards this blog), according to Majestic. An interesting statistic, also from Majestic, is that the top three languages connected with the back-links are English, Afrikaans, then Persian (Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan). OBSERVATION: And I routinely tell people not to read my blog. I say I don't recommend it.

POSTSCRIPT: I have double-checked my domain authority, as it seemed unlikely. It is correct. By way of example, the authority of my blog is on a par with the late Hugh Masekela's website, and (of course) streets ahead of Steve Hofmeyr's. But I do not have the visibility of such people.

No comments: