Wednesday, March 7, 2018

No Back Rooms

Recently I put up an affidavit on my blog, signalling my intention to bring charges against a number of people, including police officers (see Disclosing an Affidavit). At the core of this lies the fact that police charged me without basis, and what happened next. Today I sought to open a case -- first with the Woodstock police, then with the Camps Bay police. I had instructions from Police Management (Captain Jacques Loock): present yourself at a charge office desk (including the above), and the officer who presents himself or herself to you will open a case. It didn't work that way. Both in Woodstock and in Camps Bay, I was told to go to back rooms. I said no, this is not the plan, and I walked out. I called up Police Management, therefore -- and they said come in.

POSTSCRIPT: I reported to Police Management the next morning. I was correct, they said -- no back rooms. They directed me therefore to the Central police. But Central told me to come to a back room. I said no, and left. One of the shift commanders involved has since apologised.

No comments: