Thursday, April 5, 2018

An Arranged Love: Kindle Edition

Somebody asked me why my full-colour illustrated book, An Arranged Love, is separated into six parts. This didn't seem to make good marketing sense. I took the following decisions which made this absolutely essential:
• I decided that more than 100 photographs would be full screen, full colour, full resolution on top-of-the-range Kindle devices. This meant that the book was about six times too large (in megabytes) for publication. It had to be separated into a series.
• Further, Kindle is now talking about its next generation devices -- or rather, its next generation file formats. My book is designed not only for the present top-of-the-range Kindle, but for the next top-of-the-range Kindle. Photos will therefore be ready for full screen, full colour, full resolution display on the new Kindle devices.

No comments: