Monday, June 25, 2018

Professionals In The Church

As I have travelled through ministry, I have become more aware of professionals who are "there for the ride". I speak not merely of my own ministr(ies) but of wider experience in the Church. In particular, lawyers, doctors, and accountants may offer their services to a Church, not so much for love of the Church or the gospel, as for personal gain or advancement. One may however think of almost any profession. OBSERVATION: This may not be at all apparent at the start. While personal gain or advancement may not be much of a problem to the Church, there are hidden rocks in it besides. However, I have come across such professionals whom I consider to have been completely genuine -- good-hearted, generous, and warmly disposed to God's work. It is something to be aware of.

No comments: