Thursday, August 30, 2018

Begging In Church

Once in a while, in the Church, one has the problem of members begging from members -- rather than taking their needs through Church channels. This is problematic. On one occasion, various members complained to me about such a situation. We addressed it in our Church newsletter, an elder addressed the congregation, and I personally spoke to people behind the scenes. Still one person persisted in begging -- which really amounted to defiance. The Church diaconate discussed it, and told me not to countenance one more incident -- and there was one. So I "changed gear". I asked our office secretary to ask the person concerned to meet with the elders. Our secretary said: "If she knows what it's about, she won't come!" I said: "She'd better come! She's being summoned." OBSERVATION: Apart from that, we paid closer attention to that member's situation -- and it all became a lot more manageable.

No comments: