Saturday, August 11, 2018

Lost Password

Recently I blogged about the fine condition of my old city Church's properties. On the other hand, for the first time I received definite word as to how the Church was doing in general. Such news had seemed scattered or anecdotal before. Quoting from a summary report of a congregational survey: "Currently our church is ... not deemed sustainable in the long term ... our congregation is not functioning at all well ..." I am summarising a summary of course, but that seems to be about it -- and then some proposals for turning the Church around, above all "a firm decision to become contemporary". OBSERVATION: But studying this report, I said to a former deacon: "They don't have the password." They haven't identified the solution. On my parting, the Church announced an "exciting new chapter", but slid instead into what many ministers call "maintenance mode". 

No comments: