Monday, December 3, 2018

Reporting Myself

I need to answer another false rumour at the present time. It is this. At the close of my urban ministry, I reported various people for nothing, it is said, and all of them were cleared. This, wrote a finance officer last week, "is well known in our Church." This is not correct. But first (before I address the above), I myself was accused nearly thirty times of offences. I was innocent, but I was terrified. I was charged and dragged through the criminal system for nothing, and now there were more and more accusations. I struggled greatly with what to do. I finally decided to report myself. I sat with the Chief of Police, Col. M.M. Lento, and presented nearly thirty allegations to him, against myself. All were dismissed. This was my covering letter to the Chief.

POSTSCRIPT: Those who presented accusations in writing were these. Clive Valentine, Greg Nichollas, Elmarie Neilson, Tiny Jones, Mike Nicholas -- and anonymous. Most of these persons were connected somehow with Church property or finance. As best I could tell, I was accused of offences -- hence my visit to the Chief. Note that I was asking for action against me, not against them.

No comments: