Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Poem Of Hope

People leave thought-provoking puzzles when they die. The well-known Rev. Roger Horwood and I were of one heart and mind, and I still miss him. The last time I saw him, I was carrying my camera. Had I won any prizes? he asked. Yes, I said. He said send me some. I put this one on his Facebook page (still there today). The next day he put his last words on Facebook: "Post something on FB today which you think is beautiful - enough bad stuff already!" I suspect that he wanted visions of heaven, as in the anonymous poem:
Gone, they tell me, is youth,
Gone is the strength of my life.
Nothing remains but decline,
Nothing but age and decay.

Not so! I'm God's little child,
Only beginning to live;
Coming the days of my prime,
Coming the strength of my life,
Coming the vision of God,
Coming my bloom and my power.

No comments: