Thursday, October 3, 2019

God Rescues Ministers

Something extraordinary about ministry is the way God rescues ministers out of every trial, including those which seem impossible to overcome, whether it be financial, spiritual, personal, material -- anything one can think of. It applies even to the end of ministry. The day before my ministry came to a close in the city, a minister appeared on my veranda, and conveyed a call to me -- to my present Church, of which I am Consulent Minister. How often does that happen? My late wife Mirjam and I, on our worst day of ministry -- ever -- went for a walk in our city's Company Gardens. A man stepped into the path in front of us, and sang: "God will take care of you! He will take care!" Then he stepped off the path again and he was gone. And God did take care. That was the beginning of a resurgence in the Church.

No comments: