Monday, November 16, 2020

Influential Image

I edited (rather than wrote) an article on suicide last week, which was published this morning. It is very interesting, because it makes it a social issue -- and not a social issue as I have come across before -- yet basically, one's relationship to society. This is not to shift the blame to others, but to see that suicidal thoughts may be greatly encouraged by our social structures and dynamics. OBSERVATION: In fact, the author asked me to change the image. When we edit a piece, we always search out a suitable image. My image, said the author, had a depressed mood, and she would not want this to influence anyone reading the article. 

POSTSCRIPT: The last time I checked, this article was being read once every three minutes. [Correction: five].

No comments: