Monday, January 18, 2021

Raft of Orders

I am a little surprised by President-Elect Joe Biden's intention to rescind President Trump's executive orders en masse. For instance The Times: "Joe Biden plans blitz of executive orders to break with Trump," or the Financial Times: "Biden to unwind Trump agenda with raft of exective orders." I am thinking on the Church, where one would deliberately avoid this, unless the Church's very survival were at stake. So I myself have needed to make some interventions sooner than I wanted to, following a transition, but nothing like this. OBSERVATION: Of course, Biden has a captive "congregation" (citizenry) while Churches do not. Yet it puzzles me that he takes this course, particularly as states are divided more or less equally, ideologically. Or he knows he is short of time.

No comments: