Sunday, May 30, 2021

Invention 34: Taste Transmission

Without realising that it has been attempted before (sometimes with complementary methods), this week I tried transmitting taste through (fairly) high frequency AC on the tongue. Imagine, for example, that smartphones could transmit taste. I imagined that, in a best case, I might recreate sweetness, sourness, and so on. What I found was not as I expected. First I transmitted warmth -- which is, the illusion of warmth. Then I created a few tastes that I didn't know -- as if I were on another planet, I thought. OBSERVATION: If I'd had greater success, I wouldn't put this idea up on my blog. As it is, this would need a lot of experimentation to obtain useful results, if one ever did. But the fact that I obtained different tastes holds promise. A single taste would promise little.

No comments: