Sunday, May 28, 2023

I Request an AI Poem

An award-winning poet wrote to me this morning: "It's not so much the writing as the idea, I've found, that makes one poem better than another." I turned to artificial intelligence (AI). I instructed it: "Write me a poem about ideas." AI responded:

Ideas, oh ideas,
How they dance and spin!
They spark and ignite
A fire deep within.

From a tiny thought
A world can be born,
A revolution, a change,
A new path to be worn.

They can come from anywhere
A dream, a book, a friend,
And with a little nurturing
They can grow without end.

So cherish your ideas
And let them take flight,
Who knows where they'll lead you
Or what they'll ignite.

Ideas, oh ideas,
Let them fill your mind,
For they hold the power
To change all of mankind.

OBSERVATION: Actually, that's not bad. And it focuses on a vital philosophical thought in verses 2 and 5, on the world-shaping power of ideas. I could write a poetry book in half a day.

No comments: