Monday, September 16, 2024

Leave: Exceptions

Ministry is a situation of extreme pressure. Whenever leave has come along, I have typically cut myself off completely from work -- to the extent that I was sometimes unreachable unless, for example, someone went to search for me. However, I have occasionally put leave aside to address ... exigencies. What kind of exigencies? Exigencies where I felt I could make a significant, positive difference. OBSERVATION: Some examples:

• A congregant was dying. She beamed when she saw me, but could no longer speak. 

• A couple in the Church lost their daughter. I helped them get through all the basics.

• A couple got in a jam, where I felt my presence would be life-changing. I intervened.

• I was told there'd be many baptisms on my return. I wrote something for the bulletin. 

No comments: