Thursday, September 26, 2024

'Retrenchment'

I heard today that I was retrenched from city ministry. If retrenched means what it usually does, which is "the reduction of costs or spending in response to economic difficulty," this is not so. My last financial year (March 2012March 2013) was the Church's most prosperous year in living memory. OBSERVATION: Two months later, I handed in a resignation, which was undated – with a date to follow, when terms of an agreement were met. A written memorandum states: "Resign on condition all finalised" (underlined on the memorandum). The terms of the agreement were never met, my resignation was never finalised -- yet people ran with that undated resignation and claimed it was the real thing. I continue to ask that it be finalised, and consider that the failure to do so was a significant component in the Church's subsequent decline.

No comments: