Monday, July 27, 2026
Distance Learning
I lecture for a seminary that has distance students, who join a real lecture remotely. But I struggled something awful with the system. It is a little ... call it robot, which one plugs into a computer, and it gives a 360-degree impression of the room, and integrates everyone from afar. But with all the good will in the world, nobody could really make it work. The audio dropped out, the video dropped out, everything dropped out, it cut out my own multimedia several times, and in the end it appeared to crash my computer. Students were like jack-in-the boxes trying to restore it while I ploughed on with the lecture. OBSERVATION: I'm not sure who said it first -- that we should try something that really worked. And so we did -- and it worked -- and I was relieved and the students were happy. However, it is not as sophisticated as the little robot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment