Sunday, August 23, 2026

Watch With a Difference

I own a watch with a difference. While most modern timepieces would instantly be destroyed by a nuclear EMP, not this one. It shows the time with a small spot of sunlight on a ring. This dial is elegantly crafted -- and easily fits into the palm of one's hand. Also, it is far more versatile than its historical forebears -- being a universal dial. It will work all over the world. However, the instructions fail to explain solar time -- not the same as standard time. OBSERVATION: I estimate that -- with skill, and a sunny sky -- this will tell the time to within 5 minutes. The manufacturer claims 2 minutes.

POSTSCRIPT: Called the Kala Pocket Sundial*, this is available from Amazon.  *This is an Amazon affiliate link. I earn a commission, at no cost to the buyer. 

No comments: