Saturday, March 17, 2018

Drugged Up [Part Two]

What to do? (see the previous post). I decided to receive the medications, but not to take them -- and to be in a position to prove that I did not take them. Further, a pharmacist advised me that this mix was illegal. A doctor advised me that it was dangerous. I took date-stamped photographs of unused medications (some images on the right, clipped) -- then asked chemists for the prescriptions -- however, the prescriptions had all been removed from file. No matter, I had information besides, which was enough. I lodged a formal complaint against Dr. Nicholas with the Health Professions Council. But my complaint went missing six times. Five times, I resubmitted it. When the Board learnt of this, legal officer Nkagisang Madube made a statement: I had not sent them sufficient information to locate the doctor (I provided it six times, in full, and obtained receipt). OBSERVATION: If I had been this "drugged up", one could believably have accused me of various mental illnesses. Then the doctor did -- in a formal statement, through his attorneys. At least, the attorneys claimed to act on his behalf. But I had not taken the medications, and I could prove it.

POSTSCRIPT: Here is some necessary detail. In the beginning, I had to settle on an approach to this most unusual situation. Partly because of this, I took a small quantity of the medications. Also, there were and still are some patches in my records. However, taking these patches into account, I see evidence that about 10% of the medications were used. Even if, through some massive mistake, I took a whole third, this would all be very perturbing. (See also Discrimination -- Or Something).

No comments: