Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Collaborative Writing

Last night (I hope) I completed a collaborative essay for the mainstream media, with a young Black writer -- a logistician and former student leader. This is (probably) to be our profile picture, on the right. We shared some ideas. He wrote a draft. I studied it -- then I wrote my own draft. Then I put them side by side, and moved his across into mine. He then made alterations to the combination. At that point, last night, we seemed about ready to go. OBSERVATION: Next time, we may reverse the process. We are tackling themes where we will need each other. I was trained in collaborative writing at seminary.

POSTSCRIPT: Our first essay was published on News24 (click here): Raising our Vision. Funnily, for a brief period, we were headlined above President Trump's State of the Union address. And another postscript: a copycat repeated our ideas in another essay -- which became more popular than ours.

No comments: