Friday, April 5, 2019

Editing

I hold two editorial positions. One as a Deputy Editor (Religion and Linguistics) of The Philosopher, the world's oldest general philosophy journal. As a Deputy Editor I just follow orders so to speak. And I am a Supervising Editor of Pi, a philosophy weekly. The editors at Pi started out by dividing up submissions among us, but gradually we developed our own stables. I have said that I am not good at popular pieces. Mine tend to be slow-burning. Even so, at the moment 60% of the articles in our top ten Top of the Pops are mine (one written by me), and 70% of the articles in our top ten all-time favourites are mine (two written by me). OBSERVATION: For Pi in particular, we accept philosophy from non-philosophers, 700 words give or take. If you feel so inclined, do give it a go.

No comments: