Saturday, October 26, 2019

Constitution And Cleric

In a post earlier in the week, I wrote that it was demanded of me that I sign a document which set aside the rule of law. The Human Rights Commission examined it, and judged that it contravened the Constitution of the Republic (of course). Out of the blue then, a leading cleric contacted me, insisting that the document was valid. The Presbyterian Clerk, Rev. Colin Campbell, got in touch: "I think it just gives you more pain and heartache (to take it back to the Commission)." I said to the Commission, this is not about pain and heartache. It is about contravening the Constitution of the Republic. OBSERVATION: The document is invalid for other reasons, but this was core. Attorneys looked at the matter last month, and requested an apology from the Presbyterian Moderator. There is "radio silence".

No comments: