Friday, July 19, 2024

Baffling Opposition

Here's something which, until this day, I have not revealed beyond a few meetings. Our Church (our members) decided to put some pews into storage, and at the same time re-mount some memorial plaques -- in the interests of creating what we called a "fellowship area" as one entered the Church. This brought us into direct conflict with the state, who threatened to enter the property and attach assets. There were two members who might have got us into trouble, as they were the only two who openly opposed the decision. I approached one of them. She said, No Thomas, it's not one of us. I'll tell you who is responsible for this. OBSERVATION: I shall say only that she named someone well known to me, not a member of the Church. I wrote to the state and said, We have a problem here with an individual. They immediately dropped their opposition to the Church. 

No comments: