Monday, August 10, 2009

Medical Device


Among my electronics inventions is a medical device that, among other things, destroys localised bacterial and viral infections -- and destroys warts. There are some nice commendations (comments) on this blog. To the best of my knowledge, the commercial spin-offs include the WartAbater, the DermaSeptic, the Cold Sore Inhibitor, and the Wart Zapper. I was surprised to be offered two of these devices on a flight of Delta Airlines! OBSERVATION: However, I didn’t patent it. Nor did I license it. I sold two or three copyrights to the design. I sought to license the concept, but this required (expensive) medical approvals. That dissuaded me. Looking back, it could have been a gold mine. Ironically, the commercial products today have no medical approvals, and the device is not necessarily “100% safe” as claimed. The photo sequence shows a small facial wart being removed. You may click on it to enlarge.

No comments: