Thursday, January 14, 2010

Anglican Church Caledon


Here's a photo of the much-loved Holy Trinity Anglican Church of Caledon, a town about 130km/80mi east of Cape Town. It was built around 1850 (I don't have the exact year) under Bishop Gray and his influential wife. According to one website, "the modest scale, details and cost of these [village] churches, as well as frequent use of local stone, gives them a unity of style". These Churches generally have bell-turrets rather than towers, and follow Early English style. They often have thatched rooves. You may click on the photo to enlarge to VGA.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will not concur on it. I regard as warm-hearted post. Specially the title attracted me to be familiar with the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I acquiesce in but I contemplate the brief should have more info then it has.