Sunday, July 11, 2010

VOX City Church


I attended VOX City Church tonight -- a Church plant in Cape Town's city centre. They meet in a small, attractive theatre in a loft. On a good day, they may have 30 in attendance. All young(ish) people tonight, the Church made a favourable first impression. Lead Elder J.D. Senkbile of the USA said to me: "People arrive on time, or fashionably late." Tonight, it was fashionably late, without exception. I took the photo at starting time. I shall share some further impressions in a future post.

3 comments:

Steve Hayes said...

"Fashionably late" -- they must be Orthodox. When Orthodox ask the time of the service, they usually want to know when it will end, and rock up about half an hour before the time.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to reading more about this.

Thomas O. Scarborough said...

My usual publish and be damned? ;-)