• It is the will of Christ that all those who believe in Him should be organised into Churches.
• In every Christian Church the will of Christ is the supreme authority.
• It is the will of Christ that all the members of a Christian Church should be believers.
• By the will of Christ all the members of a Christian Church are directly responsible to Him for maintaining His authority in the Church.
• By the will of Christ every society of Christians organised for Christian worship, instruction, and fellowship is a Christian Church, and is independent of external control.
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Five Congregational Principles
Dr. Robert William Dale (1829-1895) famously formulated five basic Congregational Church principles. A summary of principles which have in fact been revered in the Church since the late 1500's: