Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Review How-To

I recently wrote a comparative survey or review of two popular academic books. While the article is still displayed as a draft on the Internet, I don't think there will be much further revision. The article is Comparative Survey: Fallacies. This blog post, however, is about the technique. When reading a book, I make plentiful pencil notes, in the book, prioritising certain lines as I go. Then I do an intuitive write-up, from the heart. Then I go through every page of the book, taking the prioritised lines and typing them up with references. Then I order them and integrate them with the intuitive write-up. If the style requires it, I strip out the references again. And with this particular article, I had the benefit of a top writer lending a hand with some editing.

No comments: