Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Christian Conferences

Many years ago, I attended a world conference in the USA. I asked the president what the purpose of the conference was. I expected him to say something about the conference programme -- but he said something like this: "It is the Lord's opportunity. He forges friendships He will use in His Kingdom." Since then, Christian conferences, for me, are not so much about the programme. Also, I now routinely plan time next to conferences -- often not knowing what for -- because it is likely to be God's time more than the conference itself. OBSERVATION: However, I don't agree with author Keith Ferrazzi, that one should select "primary targets" at a conference. I believe one needs to depend on God to make the connections. Through the above conference, incidentally, the president himself became a friend, which had a major bearing on my life in the years that followed.

No comments: