Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Thirty-Year Project

The project I completed today in draft (see the previous post) was under development for more than thirty years. I made several attempts at writing it: the first of which more than thirty years ago. Yet they all seemed to stall, from the point of view that they encountered what I considered major conceptual blocks. Two of my attempts were made for professors in the USA, and on a rank-based grading system I scored a C (a middle student) and an A (a top student). What is different with the current attempt is that I could see about a third of the way through that the concepts were now working. OBSERVATION: The next step is to do a sweep of the whole project to see that, in keeping with the Society's aims, it is all "clear to the interested reader".

No comments: