Friday, April 10, 2015

Police Corruption

I have decided to put the following information on my blog -- or rather, to point to information which now lies off my blog. Around the time of my resignation from urban ministry, a detective constable charged me with a criminal offence. The charge sheet to prove it is at Charge Sheet. I was exonerated by the Senior State Prosecutor, three days before trial. Then, the police denied that it had ever happened. A high-ranking police captain denies it at Police Denial. There would be serious consequences for the police, said the captain (millions in damages), if I were right. I laid charges against the captain, for obstructing the course of justice. OBSERVATION: The difficulty has been much broader and deeper than I here suggest, but I don't need to put it all up here. All in all, confining matters to "the channels" has just meant going round and round. For everyone's good, this needs to be squared up to. I hope, too, that this information may lead people to think again, where other denials have been made. The silver lining is that the police have been determined to disown any charges against me.

NOTE: Following the above, the police launched an internal investigation. The correct title for the prosecutor is in fact Regional Control Prosecutor. I have deposited further evidence at Context, in light of suggestions that I quoted an officer out of context. I did not, and that is sure. Here also, the officer correctly states: "There was no case." This was the position of the investigator, too.

No comments: