Monday, June 15, 2015

A Tribute

These were, in a sense, two of our most important members during my urban ministry: Michael and Chimwemwe Jalasi. They were little known, and completely self-effacing, yet I was able to trace twelve new members and adherents directly to them. Indirectly, more. That is impressive recruitment. Michael was the one-hundredth new member during my urban ministry. He died not long after this photo was taken. I was at his deathbed, and I joined his family in mourning, in Imizamo Yethu. OBSERVATION: Not seldom, it is "unseen" members like Michael and Chimwemwe who have a larger impact on a Church.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know why she had to come back for a short while. Because her experience had to be written down in your site and I, who never heard of your town in my life, happened to stumble upon your site, read her story and had a fresh revelation of Jesus. I happened to be in a very low point in my life and needed reassurance of the reality of Jesus in my problems. So I had to find this reassurance in the most unlikely place. Ain't God just great. I think he did it just for me. JCS