Sunday, February 21, 2021

Actively Taking Time Off

Throughout my ministry, I took a day off every week -- typically a Monday. In my early ministry, I "passively" took a day off. That is, I wouldn't go seeking Church work, yet there would typically be ten or twenty work-related interruptions on that day (someone said to me, imagine that one's place of work did that on a Sunday). In later ministry, though, I "actively" took a day off. I did all that was necessary to ensure that I did not receive any calls or call-outs. OBSERVATION: However, there were still exceptions -- there were things important enough to do that. What made me change in later ministry? Unsustainable overload, and discovering its harm in various aspects: lowered effectiveness in ministry, strain in the home, harm to my health, and so on.

No comments: