Monday, September 14, 2015

Naïve vs. Deep Faith

I have continually come across what I would call naïve vs. deep faith in ministry. Here's an example from counselling. A man came to see me, in unbelievable debt. He said: “I have faith that God will turn this situation around.” I said: “From a human point of view, there would seem to be some doubt about that.” He was quiet. He said: “Others have said that, too.” I said: “God can turn it around, or why would we put any faith in Him at all? But He doesn’t have to. He is sovereign, and He doesn’t have to obey our wishes. But whatever He does do, you can be sure that it will be the better way.” OBSERVATION: I was seeking to introduce the counselee to deep faith vs. naïve faith. Deep faith, when God blesses us with it, is the unshakeable kind of faith.

No comments: