Saturday, June 25, 2016

"Nothing To Do With It"

There are many issues in ministry, many votes, many interventions -- and so on -- and in this mix one inevitably hears someone say: "I'm neutral. I'm completely neutral. I don't want to be involved at all." My experience tells me that usually the person who says that is, in fact, deeply involved -- however not always. But from the point of view of ministry, I feel that one should be open to being involved in everything, for the sake of ministry, for the sake of helpfulness, for the sake of love. In this context, "I'm completely neutral" can be a reaction of fear. OBSERVATION: At the same time, think twice before you get involved with a third party. For example, a fund-raiser shows you that a manager embezzled a million. Get involved with the fund-raiser rather than the manager.

No comments: