Friday, August 26, 2016

Reading The Signs

Somebody asked me yesterday "what sort of things raised suspicions" about a paedophile in our Church. In an earlier post, I wrote that I had banned him from our Church Youth. The ban was not because I knew of his paedophilia, which I did not. I suspected it only later. What happened was that he sought favour with the Youth. And it is the same as in politics: when you start to seek favour, you step on the rules. This caused enormous tensions with the appointed Youth leadership (he was merely a "Youth helper"). OBSERVATION: This is an important point: wrong does not always manifest itself directly, but it does manifest itself. Ignore it in one area, and you could be in trouble in another. I first suspected paedophilia when a young girl told him emotionally not to touch her. Young girls don't do that.

No comments: