Sunday, December 25, 2016

Happy Christmas To Me

Shortly before Christmas, I visited an electronics store in Cape Town’s Northern Suburbs -- and was surprised to find some of my own electronic kits advertised on the counter. They even recommended one of my own designs to me. The same day, I visited an electronics store in the Southern Suburbs. They were showing a man their range of kits, including my own. My eye fell on my own “Seeing Eye” kit, which I quite like – call it a PIR which responds to the visible light spectrum (the sensor pictured on the right). I fell for the temptation, and bought it for me for Christmas. OBSERVATION: They had upgraded the PCB, so it must have been selling well. I make no money from these kits, as I traded the royalties for the copyrights back.

No comments: