Friday, April 7, 2017

Rendezvous Recorded

I had a very interesting morning, however I should probably not speak about it. I can speak about this much. I had a brief meeting -- of which I wanted to take away a high quality recording, for my own safety. But there were four security checks first. I put a letter in my pocket from an attorney, which set out the legality of doing this -- namely, of carrying a recording device. I made friendly conversation with security officers as I entered. My device passed through one check. I myself passed through another check. The device and I together passed through another check. And at a fourth check I was waved through. I got my recording -- however, all went well with the meeting, as far as I could tell. OBSERVATION: It might not have gone well -- and I would have felt very uncomfortable entering that meeting "unprotected". I advise people that, in our country, it is vital to record critical meetings. What people have said to me in (some) such meetings has been dangerous. Hence the caution.

No comments: