Monday, May 1, 2017

Scheduled Publication

I am privileged to have a review scheduled for publication today in The Philosopher, the oldest general philosophy journal in the world. In fact by word count, I would surely be the most published author of the journal -- and of the Philosophical Society of England (whose relationship with the journal recently changed). The journal has published some "household names", among them Erwin Schroedinger, Jan Smuts, and G.K. Chesterton, although it has published many lesser lights. Call it chance and happenstance. OBSERVATION: It is a review of the book Uncertainty, the science of probability. Personally, I was convinced by the book. Basically, the way we do our calculations today, they get us into a lot more trouble than we need. I hope to put up the link when I have it.

POSTSCRIPT: Here is the promised link: Uncertainty.

No comments: