Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Church Surprises

Years ago, a Church elder left us, and there was a complete parting of ways. We had no further contact. "Out of the blue", I received this note from him: “I believe the Lord ... brought conviction to my heart that I don't believe I have ever personally thanked you for your obedience to the Lord in sharing the Gospel with me through your preaching. Please forgive me. The Lord used you to bring the Gospel, not only to me but others also that I know were saved under your ministry. I would not be where I am today if it had not been for your faithfulness, your discipline to share the Gospel unselfishly with others. ... From my heart Thank You.” OBSERVATION: I was really glad about this. One thing about the Church, it is full of surprises, because the Holy Spirit surprises. What was yesterday may look completely different tomorrow.

No comments: