Thursday, September 7, 2017

Criminal Charges For Defamation

Regrettably, I laid criminal charges today against several persons in my old city Church, for defamation. I further laid charges against those who failed to act against defamation, whose responsibility it was to do so. Some points about this:
• This is not about idle rumours. It is about systematic defamation.
• The defamation, if true, should have ended my ministry many times over.
• The defamation is well documented, in part by the persons themselves.
• I did not bring charges for all defamation, but for that which is well documented.
• I made every effort to resolve matters peacefully, but failed.
OBSERVATION: I said to police that it was "completely unacceptable" that a minister or a Church should be unjustifiably defamed. I myself conducted my ministry in such a way that I should slander no one, and if there was any doubt, I immediately and always made apology.

No comments: